English: Information on transit of weapons
As of 15 June 2018 the Danish National Police will be the licensing authority in cases concerning applications for export, import and transit of weapons, explosives and military equipment. This means that applications in such cases shall no longer be sent to the Danish Ministry of Justice
Transit applications shall therefor as of 15 June 2018 be sent to:
The Danish National Police
1780 Copenhagen V
Marked: Transit application
Electronic applications and e-mail inquiries can be sent to the Danish National Police’s Forensic Center at the following e-mail: [email protected].
The National Police can be contacted via phone: + 45 22 83 59 74.
Applications received by the Danish Ministry of Juctice before 15 June 2018 will be processed by the ministry.
The transit of the following weapons and military equipment through Denmark is subject to a permission from the Danish authorities:
- Weapons of any kind, including knifes and similar objects, and objects which appear to be weapons and due to their construction or materials can be modified to weapons,
- equipment designed for warfare,
- equipment for military simulation or training,
- machines, instruments, appliances and similar means of production, which are specifically constructed or modified to fabrication or maintenance of the above-mentioned objects,
- parts specifically constructed or modified to the above-mentioned objects,
- software specifically constructed or modified to the development, fabrication or use of the above-mentioned objects, and
- technology to the development, fabrication or use of the above-mentioned objects with the exceptions mentioned in the Danish Firearms Act § 6, subsection 3.
Objects subject to no. 3-5, 8 and 9 above and parts specifically constructed or modified to the objects, that are imported from an EU country or an EEA country and immediately are exported to another EU or EEA country (transit), are not subject to permission.
A transit application to the Danish Ministry of Justice shall contain the following documentation:
1. Information on the applicant, including name, address and contact information,
2. name and address on the sender and the receiver of the products,
3. description and quantum of the products, and
4. a written statement from the receiver stating that it is the intention to receive the products, a copy of an import permit, an international import certificate or a statement from the authorities in the import country stating that import of the products is not subject to permission.